Sunday, February 7, 2010

Telling the Family - Hackathorn's

We decided to tell Mom and Dad the news when we celebrated our Christmas this year. The date was December 20. Erin of course already knew. She knew the day we knew. Like I could hide it from her. I told Erin by showing her a picture of my positive test right before we went to see "New Moon". It was pretty awesome. She thought I found some random test in the bathroom at work. Once she put it together she was over the moon. I needed Erin to know for support and to help me hide the fact from others until we were ready to share with the rest of our family and friends.

Erin helped us share the good news to mom and dad. We coordinated a "joint" present for Mom and Dad from James, Erin and I. Luckily, mom opened hers first to find movie tickets for a date night. She was pretty excited. Dad opened his next and found the onesie we had gotten in Maui that reads, "Aloha Baby". Their reaction was luckily captured on our camera. It is a bit shaky because I was laughing and crying at the same time.

It was a great day! I think they would all agree.

1 comment:

  1. This is great - such a cute moment to capture! Another reason I love Patty!!

    ReplyDelete