Tuesday, May 4, 2010

No Sugar Tonight - in my coffee

No Sugar tonight, tomorrow, the next day, etc. etc. for another three months. Founds out today I have gestational diabetes. I've been everything from exteremly worried to sad to defeated to confused to angry. Of course, I am eating *fairly well*, I exercise at least four to five times a week and I have no family history of diabetes and I get it in pregnancy. I have no idea what to eat now and the only thing I can think of is salad. Oooh, salad - awesome. I did pick up a few cook books at the library and have and educational class a week from today where I will find out more. I do know I will need to check my sugars four times a day for the next little while. I just hope our little McBaby is okay in there. I'm blue. :(

1 comment:

  1. Kelly try not to get down about it! Generally there is nothing you can do to cause or prevent Gestational Diabetes, just like Pre-eclampsia (which I had with Logan). I have known quite a few women who have had GD and felt just like you do (defeated, concerned, etc.) and had no idea where to start in regards to diet, but they easily found themselves in a new routine that proved to be much easier than they anticipated. Before you know it, you will be snuggling your baby and will have sugar in your coffee again!

    ReplyDelete